70th Meeting of the INTOSAI Governing Board in Graz, Austria
More than 20 heads of SAIs and altogether 33 delegations met in Graz, Austria, upon the invitation of the INTOSAI General Secretariat for the 70th INTOSAI Governing Board meeting on 6 and 7 November 2017.
The following list presents the most important decisions taken by the Governing Board on the occasion of its 70th meeting under the chairmanship of Dr. Harib Al Amimi:
- Adoption of the following main themes for INCOSAI XXIII in Moscow to be held in the fourth week of September 2019:
- Theme I: "Information technologies for the development of the public administration" under the chairmanship of the SAI of China, and
- Theme II: "The role of the Supreme Audit Institutions in the achievement of the national priorities and goals" under the chairmanship of the SAI of the Russian Federation;
- Admittance of the SAI of Guam as Affiliate Member. INTOSAI has therewith 194 Full Members, 5 Associate Members and 1 Affiliate Member;
- Transition of the INTOSAI membership from the Inspection Générale to the Cour de Comptes of Togo;
- Approval of the SAI of Brazil as candidate of the INTOSAI Governing Board for hosting INCOSAI XXIV in 2022;
- Creation of a Task Force within the Governing Board for the Revision of three INTOSAI Handbooks (Handbooks for Committees, Governing Board Meetings and Congresses);
- Approval of the revised Strategic Development Plan for the INTOSAI Framework of Professional Pronouncements (IFPP) 2017-2019;
- Approval of the appointment of three new FIPP members from the SAIs of Bhutan, Costa Rica and Norway;
- Approval of the interpretation that new (and revised) pronouncements are able to take effect after the Governing Board has referred them to the final endorsement by INCOSAI;
- Approval of the performance reporting dashboard as basis for future performance reports from the CBC, PSC and KSC;
- Change of the name of the Working Group on Programme evaluation to Working Group on Evaluation of Public Policies and Programs;
- Creation of the INTOSAI Regions Cooperation Platform as a single point of control and cooperation regarding capacity building efforts;
- Approval of the proposal on quality assurance of INTOSAI Public Goods that are developed and published outside of the Due Process of the IFPP.
Furthermore, the participants discussed in two breakaway sessions the contribution of SAIs to the monitoring of the implementation of the SDGs as well as the development of the INTOSAI standard setting process.
The forthcoming 71st INTOSAI Governing Board meeting will take place in Moscow in mid-November 2018.
|9 November 2017|