Global Call for Proposals 2013
Following the considerable interest in the 2011 Global Call for Proposals, a new round of the Global Call for Proposals was launched at XXI INTOSAI Congress in Beijing in October 2013.
This represents an opportunity for individual SAIs, INTOSAI Regions/Sub-Regions, as well as INTOSAI Committees, Subcommittees and Working Groups to express their capacity needs, for potential support from the SAI and donor communities. Eligible applicants are SAIs in ODA eligible countries, the INTOSAI regions and other INTOSAI bodies where the proposal is predominantly for the benefit of SAIs in ODA eligible countries.
Unlike the Global Call for Proposals 2011, this Global Call will start with development of project concept notes, prior to the full proposals which were used in the first round. The benefits of using concept notes are that it requires less potentially abortive efforts from the SAI, while it still giving providers of support the information needed to assess and compare proposals. Applicants will first submit a concept note with an outline of the suggested project, to be developed in a more comprehensive proposal if there is interest from providers of support. The concept notes will be distributed to individual providers of support (SAIs and donors) and to a SAI Capacity Development Fund (SAI CDF) which is currently under development. The SAI CDF Board will then review the concept notes against its allocation criteria and available funds and approve concept notes for development into full proposals. At the same time, bilateral providers of support will consider the concepts notes individually. The INTOSAI-Donor Secretariat will coordinate these two processes, with in-kind-support from Office of the Auditor General of Norway and the Swedish National Audit Office.
Applicants that wish to receive feedback on working versions of Concept Notes prior to submission of draft Concept Notes should submit these as early as possible and some time before the deadline of 31st January 2014.
Timetable and deadlines for the Global Call for Proposals 2013:
- 1st November 2013 – 31st January 2014
- Applicants to submit Draft Concept Notes
- 1st November 2013 – 28th February 2014
- INTOSAI-Donor Secretariat to provide feedback and support to applicants Draft Concept Notes
- 31st March 2014
- Deadline for Applicants to submit Final Concept Notes
- 30th April 2014
- INTOSAI-Donor Secretariat to distribute (translated) proposals to SAI providers, the donor community and the SAI Capacity Development Fund (currently under development)
- Mid-2014, in relation to the 7th INTOSAI-Donor Steering Committee Meeting
- Target deadline for individual providers (SAIs and donors) to express interest in Concept Notes and decisions to proceed to full proposals by the SAI CDF Board
- After mid-2014 onwards
- Coordination of support to development of full proposals
|19 December 2013|