ASOSAI (Asian Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions) is one of the Regional Groups of the International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI).
ASOSAI was established in 1979 with 11 members. The Membership of the ASOSAI consists of Charter Members, Members and Associate Members. Now, membership has grown to 46 SAIs.
The objectives of ASOSAI are:
- To promote understanding and cooperation among member institutions through exchange of ideas and experiences in the field of Public Audit.
- To provide facilities for training and continuing education for government auditors, with a view to improving quality and performance.
- To serve as a center of information and as a regional link with institutions in other parts of the world in the field of Public Audit.
- To promote closer collaboration and brotherhood among auditors in the service of the Governments of the respective member institutions and among regional groups.
The functions of ASOSAI are:
- To encourage and to promote research and to undertake publication of research papers and professional articles in auditing and related fields.
- To organize conferences and seminars for the exchange of ideas and experiences in the field of Public Audit.
- To perform such other functions as may be necessary in keeping with its objectives.
|Malaysia||Republic of Korea|
Tan Sri Dr. Madinah Mohamad
Chairman of the Board of Audit and Inspection (BAI)
Secretary General of ASOSAI
Board of Audit and Inspection (BAI)
Republic of Korea
|Tel: +60 3 88899001|
Fax: +60 3 88889701
|Tel: +82 2 20112186, 20112187|
Fax: +82 2 20112189, 20112190