The main goal of the Pacific Association of Supreme Audit Institutions (PASAI) is to successfully implement its Regional Institutional Strengthening Plan.
The plan has five goals:
- Helping SAIs meet their training and related needs;
- Providing a means for sharing training information, methodologies, and technology in the region;
- Ensuring the ongoing relevance of training and related activities;
- Securing the necessary resources for plan implementation; and
- Promoting best practices and methodology and strengthening SAIs" organisational structures.
The Plan's specific goals are implemented by a Regional Institutional Strengthening Committee (RISC).
As a result of the plan, a number of training workshops have been held. The workshops have covered areas such as financial auditing, performance (value-for-money) auditing, instructional techniques, and course design and development.
First working contacts between the SAIs in the Pacific region date back to 1973. PASAI was formally accepted as a Regional Working Group of INTOSAI in 1987.
|Fuimaono Camillo Afele|
Controller and Chief Auditor General
Chairman of PASAI
Samoa Audit Office
P.O. Box 13
Controller and Auditor-General
Secretary General of PASAI
PASAI General Secretariat
Suite 7 | Level 2 Heards Building
168 Parnell Road
|Tel: +685 27751|
Fax: +685 24167
|Tel: +64 9 3041275|
Fax: +64 9 3079324