The International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI) is an autonomous, independent, professional and nonpolitical organization established as a permanent institution. Its purpose is to:
- provide mutual support to SAIs;
- foster the exchange of ideas, knowledge, and experiences;
- act as a recognized global public voice of SAIs within the international community;
- set standards for public sector auditing;
- promote good national governance; and
- support SAI capacity development, cooperation and continuous performance improvement.
The seat of INTOSAI and the General Secretariat is Vienna, Austria, which is the official seat of the Court of Audit of the Republic of Austria.