The INTOSAI Development Initiative (IDI) is an INTOSAI organ as separate legal entity, which supports capacity development of Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs) mainly in developing countries.
- IDI supports SAI independence, SAI governance, SAI professionalization and SAI relevance. It also serves as a provider of last resort for bilateral projects with SAIs in especially challenging situations.
- IDI also provides support to the INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation.
- IDI was established at the 1986 Sydney Congress.
- IDI in Norway was established in May 1999 as a Foundation under Norwegian law, giving it organizational and economic independence.
- The Norwegian Auditor General acts as Chairman of the Board of IDI.