The Congress of INTOSAI is the supreme organ of the Organization and is composed of all Full, Associate and Affiliate Members. Once every three years it holds regular meetings, each of which shall be chaired and convened by the head of the Supreme Audit Institution of the country in which the Congress is held.
- to discuss, and recommend subjects of common professional and technical interest, with a view to promoting the exchange of ideas and experiences;
- to appoint the chairs of the Goal Committees;
- to establish committees;
- to endorse and amend the INTOSAI Statutes and the Strategic Plan;
- to endorse Due Process for INTOSAI’s Framework of Professional Pronouncements - Procedures for developing, revising and withdrawing the International Standards of Supreme Audit Institutions (ISSAIs) and other pronouncements on www.issai.org;
- to deal with all matters brought before the Congress by the Governing Board;
- to endorse the triennial INTOSAI budget;
- to endorse the annual report and the audited financial statements of INTOSAI;
- to determine, upon a proposal from the Governing Board, the country whose Supreme Audit Institution will host the next Congress;
- to elect the Supreme Audit Institutions responsible for hosting the International Journal of Government Auditing and the INTOSAI Development Initiative (IDI) for six-year renewable terms;
- to decide as the highest authority of INTOSAI on matters concerning international cooperation of Supreme Audit Institutions;
- to designate, upon a proposal from the Governing Board, the auditors of the Organization;
- to decide on any matters related to this institution not covered or specified in the Statutes.
Pursuant to Article 4 para 5 let i of the INTOSAI Statutes, INCOSAI XXII determined the SAI of the Russian Federation as host of INCOSAI XXIII.
XXIII INCOSAI will take place in Moscow from September 23-29, 2019.
Mr Alexey Kudrin
Chairman of the Accounts Chamber
Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation (Schetnaya Palata)
Zubovskaya street, 2
119 991, Moscow
+7 495 9861965
+7 495 9860636
+7 495 9861795
|Theme I||Theme II|
|Information technologies for the development of the public administration||The role of the Supreme Audit Institutions in the achievement of the national priorities and goals|
|2019||XXIII INCOSAI||Russian Federation||Moscow Declaration|
|2016||XXII INCOSAI||United Arab Emirates||Abu Dhabi Declaration|
|2013||XXI INCOSAI||China||Beijing Declaration|
|2010||XX INCOSAI||South Africa||Johannesburg Accords|
|2007||XIX INCOSAI||Mexico||Mexico Accords|
|2004||XVIII INCOSAI||Hungary||Budapest Accords|
|2001||XVII INCOSAI||Republic of Korea||Seoul Accords|