The General Secretariat provides strategic and central administrative support to INTOSAI.
- to maintain contact with and between members of INTOSAI in the periods between the Congresses;
- to assist the Governing Board and the Committees in the fulfilment of the tasks assigned to them and to promote the organization and coordination among the Regional Organizations;
- to organize symposia, studies and other activities promoting the aims of INTOSAI;
- to prepare and submit the draft triennial budget to the Governing Board in consultation with the Policy, Finance and Administration Committee, and annually to submit to the Governing Board an updated budget plan for the current and next calendar year in consultation with the Policy, Finance and Administration Committee;
- to implement the budget allocated and to maintain the accounts and records of INTOSAI;
- to publish the INTOSAI annual report containing audited financial statements for the calendar year ended with comparative statements for the preceding two years and to submit this to the Governing Board by April 30 of each year;
- to act as leading liaison with the United Nations and,
- to perform any other tasks assigned by the Congress or the Governing Board.
Dr. Margit KRAKER
INTOSAI Secretary General
President of the Austrian Court of Audit
+43 1 711718455
+43 1 7180969
The Austrian Court of Audit is headed by President Margit Kraker. She was appointed for a term of twelve years in July 2016.
In this capacity, she is also the Secretary General of the International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI).
Since 1 July 2016
2014 – 2016
2013 – 2016
1996 – 2013
1985 – 1996
1983 – 1985
1979 – 983