74th Meeting of the INTOSAI Governing Board
As many as 33 delegations of SAIs met virtually on the occasion of the 74th meeting of the Governing Board on 10 November 2020. The meeting was chaired by the SAI of the Russian Federation and moderated by the host of the meeting, the General Secretariat of INTOSAI. For the first time within INTOSAI, such a virtual gathering was supported by simultaneous interpretation into six languages.
Despite the geographical distances and the numerous different time zones, the members of the Governing Board reached important decisions regarding the safeguarding of INTOSAI’s operations during the COVID-19 pandemic and the way forward. Among them are the following:
- Approval of the following themes of the XXIV INCOSAI hosted by the SAI of Brazil:
- Theme I "The work of Supreme Audit Institutions in the context of public calamities" and
- Theme II "Global voice, global outcome, far reaching impact"
- Approval of the SAI of the USA as Chair of Theme I and the SAI of Brazil as Chair of Theme II
- Taking note of the creation of the INTOSAI Digital University (U-INTOSAI) hosted by the SAI of the Russian Federation
- Taking into consideration the SCEI's recommendations regarding the continuity of INTOSAI's operations
- Approval of the amendments of the INTOSAI Handbook for Governing Board Meetings to endorse the procedures that had to be changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Approval of the endorsement versions of ISSAIs 200 and 2000 and of the GUIDs 4900, 5250, 5330
- Approval of the appointment of Ms Aicha Benbelhassen from the SAI of Tunisia as a member of the FIPP
- Taking note of several CBC products, including the occasional guide "The future-relevant value-adding auditor"
- Approval of the Guidelines of Standards for the Social Control of Public Funds developed by the Working Group on the Fight Against Corruption and Money Laundering
- Approval of an expert team led by the SAI of the UAE consisting of SAIs and representatives of the UNODC
- Approval of the SAI of the UAE's continued cooperation with the UNODC on behalf of INTOSAI
- Taking note of the Abu Dhabi Declaration 2019 of the 8th Conference of the States Parties to the United Nations Convention against Corruption
The INTOSAI Supervisory Committee on Emerging Issues (SCEI) is pleased to introduce the final version of the Recommendations to the INTOSAI Governing Board.
The document was created as the outcome of…
Already a number of Supreme Audit Institutions particularly affected in the continuity of their operations by the COVID-19 pandemic could be granted financial assistance in 2020. So far, the INTOSAI…
On 9 December 2020, the SAI of the United Arab Emirates held a virtual conference on a topic of particular importance in these times marked by COVID-19 and the economic challenges of the pandemic:…