INTOSAI recognizes Regional Organizations as related autonomous entities, established for the purpose of promoting the professional and technical cooperation of its members on a regional basis.
The INTOSAI Governing Board has recognized the following seven Regional Organizations:
Chief objective of the African Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (AFROSAI) is to promote and develop the exchange of ideas and experience among the SAIs of the African states in the field of the audit of public finances by:
- Implementing systematic studies concerning the audit of public finances,
- Organizing training courses for personnel charged with carrying out auditing tasks and
- Collaborating with INTOSAI, its regional working groups, and other organizations and institutions specialized in the audit of public finances.
AFROSAI was created in November 1976.
|AFROSAI – Chair | Senegal
M Mamadou Faye
+221 33 8599697
+221 33 8599040
|AFROSAI – General Secretariat | Cameroon
Mme Mbah Acha Rose Fomundam
is a member-based institution with 26 SAIs from English-speaking African countries.
is a member-based institution with 22 SAIs from French-speaking African countries.
Objectives of the Arab Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (ARABOSAI) include
- Encouraging exchanges of ideas, viewpoints, experiences, studies, and research among the member institutions in the field of auditing and work to promote auditing in both scientific and practical terms;
- Working toward raising awareness within the Arab nations of the importance of auditing in order to strengthen the role of SAIs in carrying out their missions; and
- Organizing and strengthening cooperation between ARABOSAI and the institutions and specialized organizations of the League of Arab States, INTOSAI, and other organizations—both international and regional—whose activities relate to auditing.
ARABOSAI was established in 1976.
|ARABOSAI – Chair | Saudi Arabia
Dr. Hussam bin Abdulmohsen Alangari
+966 1 14056770
ASOSAI was established in 1979 with 11 members. The Membership of the ASOSAI consists of Charter Members, Members and Associate Members. Now, membership has grown to 46 SAIs.
The objectives of ASOSAI are:
- To promote understanding and cooperation among member institutions through exchange of ideas and experiences in the field of Public Audit.
- To provide facilities for training and continuing education for government auditors, with a view to improving quality and performance.
- To serve as a center of information and as a regional link with institutions in other parts of the world in the field of Public Audit.
- To promote closer collaboration and brotherhood among auditors in the service of the Governments of the respective member institutions and among regional groups.
The functions of ASOSAI are:
- To encourage and to promote research and to undertake publication of research papers and professional articles in auditing and related fields.
- To organize conferences and seminars for the exchange of ideas and experiences in the field of Public Audit.
- To perform such other functions as may be necessary in keeping with its objectives.
|ASOSAI – Chair | Thailand
Mr Prajuck Boonyoung
|ASOSAI – General Secretariat | China
Mr Kai Hou
+86 10 50993205
+86 10 50992836
Objectives of the Caribbean Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (CAROSAI) include the following:
- Promote the exchange of ideas and experience in the field of government auditing;
- Provide opportunities for training and continuing education ;
- Promote the importance of the internal audit function within the public sector;
- Provide technical assistance and exchange of expertise among members;
- Raise the level of audit consciousness in the Caribbean area in order to support the role of the institutions performing their duties; and
- Promote the application of comprehensive auditing.
CAROSAI has established a Regional Institutional Strengthening Committee (RISC), which is charged with providing effective and sustainable training and other capacity-building activities to regional SAIs.
CAROSAI was founded in 1988.
|CAROSAI – Chair | Aruba
Mrs. Xiomara Croes-Williams
|CAROSAI – General Secretariat | Jamaica
Ms Pamela Monroe Ellis
+1 876 9268309
+1 876 9684690
Major objectives of the European Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions ( EUROSAI ) include:
- Promote professional co-operation among SAI members;
- Encourage the exchange of information and documentation;
- Advance the study of public sector audit;
- Stimulate the creation of University Professorships in the subject; and
- Work towards the harmonisation of terminology in the field of audit.
From its very beginning EUROSAI has been active in organizing a fruitful and mutually beneficial cooperation in the field of public audit among all the countries of the previously divided Europe, prioritizing support for the establishment of independent public audit bodies in Central and Eastern European transition countries.
EUROSAI was established in 1990.
|EUROSAI – Chair | Czech Republic
Mr Miloslav Kala
+420 233 045600
|EUROSAI – General Secretariat | Spain
Doña Enriqueta Chicano Jávega
+34 91 4460466
+34 91 5933894
The Organization of Latin American and Caribbean Supreme Audit Institutions (OLACEFS) is an international, autonomous, independent, apolitical and permanent organization. Its objectives are as follows:
- Conduct scientific investigation;
- Develop study, training and specialization;
- Provide technical advice, assistance and coordination for the SAIs of Latin America and the Caribbean.
The conceptual vision of OLACEFS focuses on promoting the participation of different SAIs in their own development and improvement.
OLACEFS has a long tradition dating back to 1963 (proposal for the establishment of a Latin American Institute of Auditing Sciences (ILACIF), which was implemented in 1965).
Under its current title OLACEFS has existed since 1990.
|OLACEFS – Chair | Paraguay
Dr. Camilo Daniel Benítez Aldana
+595 21 6200000
|OLACEFS – General Secretariat | Mexico
Lic. David Rogelio Colmenares Páramo
+52 55 55343141
PASAI's overall objective is to promote transparent, accountable, effective and efficient use of public sector resources in the Pacific, by supporting members SAIs to improve the quality of public sector auditing to recognised high standards.
PASAI's Strategic Plan 2014–2024 has five Strategic Priorities:
- Strengthening SAI Independence
- Advocacy to strengthen governance, transparency and accountability
- High quality audits completed by Pacific SAIs on a timely basis
- Enhancing SAI capacity and capability
- PASAI Secretariat capable of supporting Pacific SAIs
First working contacts between the SAIs in the Pacific region date back to 1973. PASAI was formally accepted as a Regional Organization of INTOSAI in 1987.
|PASAI – Chair | Palau
Mr Satrunino Tewid
|PASAI – General Secretariat | New Zealand
Mr John Ryan
+64 9 3041275
+64 9 3079324